Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's Official, I CAN have Children!

Most of you already know this, but I am pregnant with our first child. I am extremely excited about this prospect!!! It has been a long haul to get to this point, but I am 22 weeks into this 40 week (give or take) journey.

I have had a bunch of ultrasounds 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 19 weeks, 21 weeks. Everything looks fine, we saw 5 fingers on a hand and 5 toes on a foot - both good signs! It is amazing what technology has given the worrisome mother-to-be.

I have been very excited at the prospect of becoming a mom. It's the next step in an otherwise happy life. I haven't felt the least bit scared, that is until Teri and I went to register for baby 'stuff.' Who the hell knew there is sooooo much baby periphanalia - a lot of which I have no idea what it is for or why a baby needs it. I keep thinking my mother didn't have x, y or z and I think I turned out alright. So I haven't registered for everything that is recommended because I just don't have the room in the house to store it all. Also, I know myself, I will not use a bottle sanitizer (for instance)...soap and water do a fine job all on their own.

Here is a picture of the baby from our 20 week ultrasound. We don't know the sex of the baby - s/he didn't cooperate...which could be a sign of things to come.



This is a profile of him/her. S/he is looking up - you can make out the nose and lips as well as an ear and the skull. We don't have names picked out yet - we have been throwing a few around and are still working out if we like them or not.

Oh - the title of this post "It's Official, I CAN have children" is a reference to Debbie Downer on Saturday Night Live. Check it out...if you don't laugh at least a little bit you need a funny bone replacement!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's a girl why don't you name her "Sioux" !!!! Just kidding. Glad to hear everything is going good. PS- Don't tell the kid about the Patriots.

3:01 PM  
Blogger GamesGirl said...

You guys will be great parents! But if you don't think you have room now... JUST WAIT! :)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home