Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"My Life"

So Teri and I went to the Billy Joel concert last Saturday night at the Hartford Civic Center. After all of the stupid red lights on the way to finding the perfect parking spot. (Teri wouldn't let me pull into the lot just off the highway cuz it might have been pouring rain when the concert ended...I guess he is made of sugar.)

We had great seats. Not everyone around us thought so, but we did. We were 2 or 3 rows from the top of the arena about 1/3 of the way from the stage (section 215 if you want to know). We had a really nice view of the stage as well as what seemed to be our own TV screen to watch the close-ups.

Before the show started, we were talking about the songs we thought Mr. Joel might play. I asked if Teri thought he would play Angry Young Man...one of the lesser known popular songs. Teri said 'yes'. I asked about 'My Life', Teri said yes. Both of these songs I didn't think were on the play list - they are some of the more popular songs, but they weren't new enough so I thought they would be omitted.

Billy Joel comes on stage to roaring applause doesn't say one word and begins the frantic hammering that immediately identifies itself as "Angry Young Man." To which we were lucky enough to have a 'personal jumbo-tron' in the form of maybe a 32" TV screen with the camera on the side of the keyboard. It was really neat to see just how frantic his hands are while playing the intro to that song.

I bet you can guess what the second song was...yep - My Life. The Bosom Buddies theme song. (Did you know that the main characters "Kip" and "Henry" were named after bars in Berkeley, CA?)

Over all it was a great concert. Probably the best of the 3 times I have seen him (alright - it is really only 2 times, the third was with Elton John). This is one performer that I will go to see as many times as I can. It is always a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home