Thursday, October 06, 2005

Charitable Giving

So I am the coordinator of a 5000 person workplace giving campaign. I work at UMass Amherst and we run our own campaign. In the year I have been in this position, I have learned a lot about why it is beneficial to give to charities through work and why charities particularly appreciate the donations they get from workplace campaigns. A few of them follow:

Benefits to giving through a workplace campaign-
  • Giving through work is easy...payroll deductions help so you 'don't feel' the deduction. You never even know it's gone...Trust me, the $5.00, $10.00, or $25.00 a week doesn't phase you.
  • Usually a workplace campaign offers complete confidentiality, I know my campaign does. Only if you identify that you would like an acknowledgement from the agencies you designate, will you name and address be given over.

Benefits of workplace campaigns for charities-

  • They don't have to raise funds to solicit the donations you give.
  • They get one check from the campaign financial manager once a month. It takes a lot less man power to process one large check than hundreds of small checks. They can spend that time serving their constituents.

Especially when our country can use the financial help, not only third world areas, do your best to help out as much as you can.

~alright, I'll get off my soapbox now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chriswab said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home