Monday, October 24, 2005

Call Me a Sap!

Alright, I have known for a very long time that I am an emotional person. And it gets worse depending on how tired I am.

Last night, Sunday, I watched one of my favorite shows - Extreme Makeover - Home Edition. I like this show for a few reasons...1.) Ty Pennington is hooootttt! 2.) It is a real feel good show...people helping people in need. 3.) It brings communities together...which you don't see very often any more and 4.) Since Ty Pennington left Trading Spaces I have to get my Ty fix from this show.

Last nights episode was a good one...not the best they have done, but good. They visited a family who had recently lost their husband/dad. They had a farm and a really shacky shack of of home (weeds were growing through the window edges). The farm was on the brink of going under. EMHE came in and tore down the shack, built a 2000 sf farm house with an attached office for the business, a 6000 sf hay barn, the community came together, planted 20 acres of hay, and donated 15000 bails of hay for the family to sell.

At the end of EVERY episode, I cry. I get emotional because the people on the show are emotional - the recipients of the generousity, the design team, even members of the community. I cry because I can relate to some of the issues the families have triumphed over. And I cry because I am the world's biggest SAP!!!

This is a good show...if you haven't seen it and you like a feel good hour of entertainment...watch it sometime.

Smiles

1 Comments:

Blogger GMadrid said...

You are a SAP!!! :)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home